Sunday, July 1, 2012

June 3 and 17- Aquathon and sprint triathlon

The SDA women's ministries had "The every woman" Aquathon, trying to promote health in our churches. There were around 80 participants, if I understood correctly. The longer version that I did was 200 meter swim and 5 K run.
Right before we started there was a full rainbow- pretty neat!


I'm behind a friend. I was trying to keep up with her and not bump into her. But I realized  later that I would have been drafting off of her- not my intention!
All the participants
The group from Agat church, all of which are friends
The group from Managuisa (the church we go to)
The clinic group

The sprint triathlon was 2 weeks later. Several of my friends also participated.
It was a 750 meter swim, 13 mile bike, and 5 k run. I completed it in 1 hour, 26 minutes.
I came in 19th out of 53, with Erika (on the left) on my heals. I was 5th for women overall.
It was a lot of fun (other than the heat during the run).


A sunset near our house
The cat enjoying life

1 comment:

  1. Yes the rainbow at the beginning of the race is special. The pics once again let us "see" what your races are like (glad we went with you to the one in WA a few years back), good for you to participate! Love the sunset. Named the cat yet? Personality more of a Snuggles or Scamper?

    ReplyDelete