Sunday, May 27, 2012

May 27- Cocos Swim

Today I was able to participate in a 2.5 mile swim from Cocos Island to Guam. It was a lot of fun! 
I finished in 1:01:23, the fastest in my age group was around 53 minutes. Overall I came in 65th out of about 175 participants. My friends were right behind me too! It was great to share the experience with them. Max, unfortunately, was on call. 

The fastest time was 38 minutes, which is a record for the 22 years they've had the race. They also had a 5 mile swim, first time this year. The fastest time was around 1.5 hours! 


 The kayakers who were there for our safety



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting your pics-my active daughter. Makes me think of the race in Washington dad and Toby I went with you to a number of years ago. Would have been fun to be at this one to :)

    ReplyDelete